Summer Performing Arts Academy
Last summer, Maranatha launched our exciting Performing Arts Academy So You Wanna Go To Broadway! Participants were invited to make their Broadway dreams come true as they learned to sing, dance, act and play like a Broadway star. (open to students entering 6-9 grade) This summer, we invite you to pursue your talents as our program returns. Join us for So You Wanna Go To Broadway TOO?
July 1 - 26, 2013 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*A $100 discount is offered to students already registered to attend Maranatha in the fall.
WHAT THE ACADEMY OFFERS
- 4 weeks of intensive acting, singing, dancing, and orchestra instruction from people who've been there.
- 2 days of concentrated instruction from working actors on the dos and don'ts of auditioning.
- A trip to see a live Broadway stage show here in Los Angeles.
- The chance to perform in a real musical on the stage of the world-famous Ambassador Auditorium.
- The musical theater experience of a lifetime!
- We run a 2 track program. The Stage Performance track includes classes in singing, dancing, and acting, and automatically qualifies you to perform on stage for the final performance. The Orchestra Performance track includes classes in musicianship and theory and automatically qualifies you to perform in the orchestra for the final performance.
- Our Final Showcase in the Ambassador Auditorium will include significant portions of Godspell Jr.
- Morning sessions are comprised of master classes taught by trained professionals who have worked and are working in the entertainment industry. Afternoons include rehearsals for Seussical.
- We will be offering a 2-day Audition Workshop to prepare you for the very competitive world of auditioning. During that time you are coached and judged by working actors who have experienced the audition process themselves. We take a professional headshot of you at this time, and also audiions take place for the show Godspell Jr. Everyone is guaranteed a part in the musical by merely registering for the Academy.
- Lunch will not be provided and we will be closed on July 4.
Click HERE for the brochure.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Contact John Wells at (626) 817-4000 x1921