January 17-19, 2015
Camp Cedar Crest in Running Springs
We believe Scripture invites us to set aside a safe and quite place to pray, contemplate, and respond to the Word of God. For that reason, each year we create a retreat where students are guided into a space of intentional spiritual reflection, direction, and development in the context of community.
We believe that while ultimately spiritual growth is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit in partnership with a believer, individual spiritual formation largely takes place when a believer is charged with the transmission of their faith in word and deed. Therefore, we intentionally seek to create as many opportunities where our students are encouraged to live out their faith authentically in their everyday spaces and conversations.
Attempting to cultivate an environment like this requires a significant amount of prayer and preparation. Student leaders must be identified, equipped, and empowered to do the work of the saints. Adult leaders must stay proactive, engaged, and discerning as they minister to the student leaders. And ultimately, all involved must maintain constant communication with the Father and His guiding Spirit.
Join us in prayer as we seek to live the LIFE He has already prepared in advance for us. Pray specifically for the following:
- The prevenient grace of God to stir the hearts of all attending
- The Spirit of authentic celebration, hospitality, and gratitude to be present
- God’s protection and provision in all activities and conversations
- All glory to God
Sign-ups are limited so register now. Cost is $150 which can be placed on school account. Questions, contact Chaplain and Dean of Spiritual Life Joel Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 817-4092.
Links to forms needed:
SLR Registration Info
SLR Release Form
Please remember these important details:
- MHS Release form is due December 17, 2014. Forms received after that date will be marked late and subject to a $10 fee.
- Each camper is allowed only 1 carry-on size bag—no exceptions! Sleeping bag not included.
- Departure time is 9:00 a.m. SHARP on January 17.
- Return time is approximately 11:30 a.m. on January 19.
- Packing List
- Bible, pen(s), and notebook
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Clothes for 2 days
- Extra pair of shoes just in case
- Warm Jacket/Sweatshirt
- Cap or Beanie
- Cash for the snack bar—completely optional
|Joel Murphy|| ||Chaplain/Dean of Spiritual Life