In preparation for a real emergency: Disaster/Crisis periodic emergency drills are conducted to ensure that our safety procedures are understood and correctly implemented.
- A "drop, cover, and hold" command is given to students, who then seek cover under desks and tables. They are also instructed to move away from buildings and overhead structures.
- Students and staff are directed to evacuate classrooms and move to an emergency assembly area.
- The school establishes a command center. A first-aid station is set up and emergency supplies are distributed.
- Main utility lines are inspected and shut off if necessary.
- A "Search and Rescue" team inspects all classrooms, offices, closets, restrooms, Gym facilities, labs and other work spaces. Reports are made to the command center.
- Injuries are assessed and first aid is administered by qualified personnel. A damage estimate is also taken. The Pasadena Police and Fire "Emergency Operations Center" is contacted by radio or telephone. The fire department and paramedics are summoned, if necessary.
- STUDENTS WILL BE RELEASED ONLY TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NAMED ON THE EMERGENCY CARD. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT PARENTAL AUTHORIZATION. NO STUDENTS WILL BE PERMITTED TO WALK OR BIKE HOME. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT PARENTS KEEP EMERGENCY CARD INFORMATION UP TO DATE.
- Be patient; it will take a while to escort your student. Our first priority is the safety of all students and staff.
Click HERE for a PDF copy of this information.