We are a Christ -centered, evangelical college preparatory school that celebrates the whole student by equipping hearts and minds to reflect God’s glory through academics, as well as the arts, athletics, and service.
We believe that faith is both an act and a gift from God. Faith is a persistent reliance upon the person and promises of God as revealed through His Word, His Church, His Spirit, and His Son, Jesus Christ. As a community, we place God first, seeking to be Christ-centered in each and every word and action. As we passionately live out our faith, we seek to be strengthened in character, integrity, knowledge, wisdom, and in our ability to love both the Lord and our neighbors.
- “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” Romans 5:1-2
- “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.” I Corinthians 16:13-14
- “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:8-10
- “In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.” Ephesians 3:12
- “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1
- "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
- “Faith is like radar that sees through the fog.” Corrie Ten Boom
- “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” J.R.R. Tolkien
We desire as a community to unceasingly pursue truth within a culture that rigorously promotes academic excellence within all departments. We work with perseverance to gain knowledge, discipline, insight, and wisdom; to develop the skills to think logically, critically, and masterfully; and, as leaders, to skillfully communicate these truths through the arts and through written and spoken word. We cherish the opportunity to inspire a love of learning in others that will last a lifetime.
- “He [Jesus] answered“, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with your entire mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Luke 10:27
- “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6
- “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” II Timothy 1:7
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” II Timothy 2:15
- “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.” Psalm 119:10
- “Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance.” Proverbs 1:5
- “Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.” Proverbs 3:13-14
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
- “The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant.” Plato
- "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." C.S. Lewis
- “I am still learning.” Michelangelo
- “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.” Nelson Mandela
- “Knowledge is love and light and vision.” Helen Keller
- "I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.” Socrates
- "Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education." Martin Luther King, Jr.
We courageously seek to be a community where love is prevalent—to love as Christ loved. We believe that each of us has been created with tremendous value. Therefore, we celebrate diversity and the distinct socioeconomic, ethnic, academic, and denominational differences and gifts present in our community, understanding that through Christ we are one unified body with many parts, and that our differences can be our greatest gift to one another.
- “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.” Philippians 2:1-2
- All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.” Acts 4:32-33
- “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” Ephesians 4:4-6
- “There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
- "The soul that is alone. . .is like the burning coal that is alone. It will grow colder rather than hotter." St. John of the Cross
- “We are each of us responsible for everyone.” Dostoyevsky
- "One who wants fellowship without solitude plunges into the void of words and feelings, and one who seeks solitude without fellowship perishes in the abyss of vanity, self-infatuation, and despair. Let him who cannot be alone beware of community. Let him who is not in community beware of being alone." Dietrich Bonheoffer
- “The more isolated a person is, the more destructive will be the power of sin over him, and the more deeply he becomes involved in it, the more disastrous is his isolation." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
As humble stewards of all the Lord has given to us, we seek to love our community, our city, and our world by giving of our time, talents, and resources. As we have freely received love, hospitality, acceptance, grace, and forgiveness from God in abundance, we are inspired to offer it to others through service out of our grateful hearts.
- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Philippians 2:3-4
- “But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” II Corinthians 8:7
- “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love.” Galatians 5:13
- “This is…the new mathematics, the arithmetic of heaven. God estimates our gifts not so much by their financial value, as by the sacrifice involved, the love that accompanies it, and the amount that is left.” Oswald Sanders
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” Anne Frank
- “I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.” Mother Teresa