Current PVP Opportunities
(Parent Volunteer Program)
The PVP (Parent Volunteer Program) booklets are due on March 14, 2014. Please be aware that the PVP fee will begin appearing on statements in April. However, you still have until the last day of school (May 23, 2014) to turn in your completed PVP booklets to get the fee reversed.
Completion of your 20 Parent Volunteer Program hours is easy!
- Scrip - ($250 in accumulated SCRIP = 1 volunteer hour) Buy SCRIP cards for yourself, gifts, or teacher wish lists HERE!
- eScrip - (each card registered = 1 volunteer hour) Register your Ralphs, Vons, or community cards (including friends and family!) and get volunteer hours HERE.
- Attend designated meetings at MHS - (1 hour of volunteer per meeting): On-campus Prayer Meeting, Booster Club Meeting, Parent Association Meeting, Friends of Maranatha Performing Arts Meeting, “Back to School” Night
- Car Pooling - (1 semester = 5 volunteer hours) Yes, it counts! Find out HERE.
- In-Kind Donations - $10 spent = 1 volunteer hour, 2 dozen home baked items = 1 volunteer hour, For more details about Parent Association events click HERE.
- Supporting various MHS activities - See further information below for more opportunities.
Specific Volunteer Opportunities
START HERE: Sign up directly for many of the Parent Association's volunteer hour opportunities using the SignUp Genius portal by clicking HERE.
- Gingerbread Building Contest Needs - There are several items needed for the Annual Gingerbread Building Contest. Please check out the SignUp Genius portal HERE to sign-up.
- Gift Box Assembly- The marketing department needs your help assembling gift boxes on December 16, 17, 18 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. If you would like to help please contact Laurie Enloe at email@example.com or (626) 817-4075 .
- Students Center Lunch Microwaves needed- The student center is in need of new microwaves for students to warm up thier sack lunches. This is for student use only. For every $10 spent you recieve 1 PVP hour. Please bring microwaves to the student center front desk. For more information contact Ivy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advancement Mailing- The Advancement Office is putting together a Christmast mailing on Thursday, December 12 from 8-3 pm. Please contact Lauren Obregon to indicate what hours you will volunteer: email@example.com and (626) 817-4071.
- MHS History Project - ongoing
The Advancement Office is looking for parents to help organize and catalog historical MHS documents and memorabilia. This opportunity is available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is a good opportunity to serve during school hours. Please contact Lauren Obregon to find out more information: firstname.lastname@example.org and (626) 817-4071.
- Parent Volunteers for Home Football and Volleyball/Basketball Needed
The Athletic Booster Club needs volunteers to assist with a variety of duties including the concessions stand selling Maranatha logo wear, providing assistance with guests, and other duties as needed during home football, volleyball and basketball games. Please contact Nels Ortlund, Booster Club Vice President/Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Bottled Water - ongoing
Cases of water are needed for the Admissions, Advancement, and Marketing Offices for volunteers and events. Please drop off cases to the Student Center labeled: Marketing.
- MHS Kitchen Volunteering - ongoing
Want a way to be on campus and be a part of the life of the school without being too intrusive? Have we got a job for you! The MHS Kitchen would like 1-2 parent volunteers for one hour every day during the lunch hour. You can sign up for once a week or daily to take money or help serve food. Please contact Chef Jason Francisco if interested at (626) 817-4007.
Other P.V.P. Opportunities
- Periodically volunteers are needed to help the Advancement Department stuff mailers. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ticket takers needed for sporting events. If interested, email Nels Ortlund at email@example.com to volunteer.
For any PVP questions, please contact Lisa Netz at firstname.lastname@example.org.