Current PVP Opportunities
(Parent Volunteer Program)
The school calendar indicates that PVP (Parent Volunteer Program) booklets are due on March 15, 2013. Please be aware that the PVP fee will begin appearing on statements in April. However, you still have until the last day of school (May 24, 2013) to turn in your completed PVP booklets to get the fee reversed.
Current Volunteer Needs
- Ambassador Club Social: Wednesday, May 22
Needed by Tuesday, May 21: 50 gallons of ice cream. 3 chocolate syrups, 2 caramel syrups, 3 bags of toffee chips, large jar of cherries, 6 cans of whipped cream, 100 sugar cones, 150 spoons, 150 bowls, 150 napkins. Please contact Jennifer Zambrano if interested at email@example.com or (626) 817-4072.
- Teacher treats
Time and/or goodies for "teacher treats" are needed in March, please contact Julie Ajalat. (AjFamily5@aol.com)
- MHS Kitchen Volunteering - ongoing
Want a way to be on campus and be a part of the life of the school without being too intrusive? Have we got a job for you! The MHS Kitchen would like 1-2 parent volunteers for one hour every day during the lunch hour. You can sign up for once a week or daily to take money or help serve food. Please contact Kimberly Hardy if interested at (626) 817-4054.
- Waters for Admissions/Marketing
Cases of water needed for volunteers, parent meetings, Admissions events, etc. Please contact Jennifer Zambrano with any questions or simply deliver to Student Center, marked "Admissions/Marketing".
- Ongoing need: tissues
Boxes of tissues are extremely helpful during winter. Please deliver tissue boxes (any type or size) to the Front Desk in the Student Center. Thank you.
- Student Event need: 700 otter pops, 500 Paper wristbands from Party City (all the same color, preferably neon or rainbow). Please contact Jennifer Zambrano if intrested (626) 817-4072.
- Advancement Mailing: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 17th and Monday, May 20th. Help the Advancement Office put together an important mailing. Please contact Lauren Obregon or 626-817-4071 to sign up for a shift.
On-going P.V.P. Opportunities
- Periodically volunteers are needed to help the Advancement Department stuff mailers. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ticket takers needed for sporting events. If interested, please click HERE to volunteer.
- $250.00 in accumulated Scrip purchases earns 1 PVP hour. Plenty of great Scrip/gift cards are on hand. Profit from the Scrip program helps fund teacher wishes. For questions, call the P.A. office at (626) 817-4006.
- Earn PVP Hours by Registering Club Cards. Register your Vons, Ralphs, Albertsons, and E-Scrip Community Cards on the MHS Scrip Form and earn 1 hour for each card you register (including friend's or family member's cards). Remember to write the card holder's name and actual card # (not phone #) clearly on the form. To receive PVP credit, you must print out the confirmation page from each registered card and staple it to your PVP booklet. There is no limit to the number of cards you can register. Be sure to turn these in before the deadline. These cards need to be re-registered every year after September 1st.
- On-campus Prayer Meeting attendance = 1 hour of credit per meeting. Please note: PVP hours are not accrued for other prayer ministry efforts.
- Attending Booster Club, Parent Association, or Friends of Maranatha Arts meetings = 1 hour of credit per meeting.
- Attending Back to School Night = 1 hour of credit.
- Spending $10 on items for school functions (water, hamburgers, cookies, plates, etc) = 1 hour per $10 spent. (Attach receipts to PVP Booklet.)
- Two dozen cookies or brownies baked for school functions = 1 hour of credit.
For any PVP questions, please contact Kim Natham at email@example.com.