MHS PARENT ASSOCIATION
All Parents of Maranatha students are invited to attend Parent Association (PA) meetings, coffees, and events. Come get involved! PA meetings and gatherings provide opportunities for parents to get acquainted, stay informed about what is going on at the school, and listen to guest speakers from our faculty and administration.
The Parent Association (PA) provides support for Maranatha High School in 4 distinct ways:
- The PA strives to build community amidst its parent body. In addition to the monthly PA meetings, they host a Welcome Coffee and several Community Coffees to incorporate new families into our Maranatha Community.
Prayer & Care Ministries
- Care and meal ministry for our MHS community
- Weekly prayer opportunities: On Campus and Prayer Walks
- Partners in Prayer: Support for every student, faculty and staff member of MHS
Administration of the Parent Volunteer Program (PVP)
- The PVP program is designed to encourage a spirit of community in which each school family actively participates and supports the life and development of Maranatha High School. You will earn 1 PVP hour for each PA meeting you attend!
- Each family is required to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours of service or pay a $300 fee. If your family has not fulfilled the required 20 parent volunteer hours and returned the completed coupon book by March 15, 2013, a $300 fee will be assessed on the April 2013 statement as a reminder to get hours fulfilled. Completed PVP coupon books are due by May 24, 2013.
- The Parent Association raises money to support the needs and wishes of teachers and staff at Maranatha for items such as SMART Boards and Mobile Computer Labs. There are many PA Fundraisers you can support: The Used Uniform Sale, See’s Candies Sale, Scrip, E-Scrip, Ink Cartridges for Kids, and GoodSearch.com. Thank you for your support!
The P.A. meets generally on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the Academic Center, 3rd floor Commons Room. Come join us, get involved, enjoy the fellowship and learn what is going on at the school. (Look for the PA Meeting banner in carline on the week of meetings.) All families belong to the Parent Association without a membership fee and are welcomed and encouraged to attend these meetings.
Please join us for the 2012-13 PA Meetings:
August 22: PA Meeting and Welcome Coffee
September 19: PA Meeting and Coffee
October 17: PA Meeting and Coffee
November 14: PA Meeting and Coffee
December 12: Meeting and Christmas Coffee
January 16: PA Meeting
February 27: PA Meeting and Welcome Mid-year Transfer Parents Coffee
March 20: PA Meeting and Parents of Alumni & Alumni Coffee
April 17: PA Meeting and PVP Thank You Coffee
May 15: PA Meeting and Goodbye Graduating Parents Coffee
The Parent Association can be contacted at their email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.