International Student Admissions
If you would like to make an initial inquiry and request additional information, scroll to the middle of this page and click the “Inquiry” button. If you are ready to apply, scroll to the middle of this page and click on links under “Apply Now”
Maranatha High School has a global vision
to bring Christ to the world
and does accept international students
Maranatha High School welcomes international students from around the world. Currently, Maranatha has students from China, Germany, Japan, Nigeria, South Korea, Switzerland, and Taiwan. We issue a limited number of I-20’s to college preparatory diploma-seeking students. Green card students are also admitted under the supervision and support of our international student program.
Maranatha is looking for the following kind of students:
- Applying for grades 9-11
- Representative of a variety of countries
- Academically motivated and successful
- Prepared for full immersion classes taught in English*
- Ready to live with the American families in our homestay program
- Emotionally and socially mature
- Willing to get involved in curricular and co-curricular activities
- Respectful of world cultures and values
- Open to studying and participating in a Christian environment
*Maranatha High School does not offer an ESL Program, but provides an English Language Development Course as optional support for grade 9 students to our immersion program.
One of the unique features of Maranatha’s International Student Program is our HomeStay program. Instead of a dorm setting, we believe international students living with American families provides a much better environment conducive for learning and a more focused social and emotional support for thriving as a student at Maranatha High School. Host families are chosen after background and reference checks, and personal interviews. Orientation and ongoing support is provided to host families as well. Maranatha carefully screens and supervises host families and matches our international students with loving Christian families.
How to Apply: If you meet the above qualifications and would like to apply, please visit the links below.
• I-20 and Green Card Admissions Checklist
• ISEE Test Information (only required for students currently studying in Grade 8 in the United States)
• Apply Online
International Student Tuition and Fees for the
2015-2016 Academic Year (August 2015 - May 2016) Tuition and Fees for the 2016-2017 academic year will be posted in early January.
In order to secure enrollment for each academic year, tuition and fees, homestay payment, and ancillary reserve must be paid in full upon acceptance.
- Application Fee: $200
- International Student Tuition: $29,030
- International Student Tuition includes registration fee and I-20 fee as appropriate.
- International Student Insurance is required.
- Green card students must purchase the school's insurance plan, provide proof of own insurance, or sign waiver at time of tuition payment.
- I-20 students are required to purchase the school's insurance plan.
- The fee for the school's insurance coverage will be published by the issuing insurance company at the end of February 2015, and is expected to be approximately $150 per month.
- The insurance fee will be passed on directly to the student to be paid in advance with the student's tuition for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Technology Fee and iPad Protection Plan: $255 (required)
- Homestay Fee: $14,750 (August 2015 - May 2016)
- Homestay with an MHS supervised American host family is required.
- Hosts will provide a family environment, provide 3 meals a day, plus transportation to and from school events.
- Host family will also help with shopping and social needs.
- eTextbooks: $100-200 Actual cost varies based on classes taken.
- Ancillary Fee Reserve Fund: $700
- International students will create an ancillary reserve fund of $700 each year to be used for their ancillary expenses as incurred.
- Any balance remaining at the end of the senior year will be refunded.
- Ancillary fees include, but are not limited to: sports participation fees and uniforms; AP test fees; clubs; labs; trips; transportation; etc.
Summer Institute may be required, at an additional cost, for students entering Grade 9.