Applying to Maranatha High School
The application for admission to Maranatha High School is available exclusively online. Click HERE to proceed to the online application process. Maranatha High School has an Early Admissions deadline (December 1, 2016) and a Regular Admissions deadline (February 1, 2017) for the submission of applications. The Early Admissions deadline is for students who are applying only to Maranatha and want to receive notification of acceptance before Christmas. The application process involves the following:
- Submission of the online application
- Taking the ISEE, the Independent School Entrance Exam. Maranatha's school code is 052686.
- Receipt of your 7th grade transcripts and your most current 8th grade report card
- Receipt of your church and school reference forms
After receiving all of the above information, the Admissions Office will contact parent(s) to schedule an interview. The interview is for the student applicant and at least one parent. The interview is the last step in the admissions process. Interviews will be scheduled for qualified candidates when their admissions file is complete. Interviews for Early Admissions will be scheduled the beginning of November 2016 through December 15, 2016. Regular Admissions interviews will begin January 6 through March 1, 2017. Please contact Rachel Pontón, Admissions Coordinator, at (626) 817-4021 to inquire further about the admissions process.
Prospective candidates are evaluated for admission to Maranatha High School by the following criteria:
- Requisite Academic GPA and ISEE Test Scores
- Exemplary Character
- Attendance/Involvement in a local church
- Personal References (Faculty/Administration/Pastoral)
- Acknowledgement of Commitment to Maranatha’s Mission and Belief Statements
Students with learning needs must also supply current (less than 3 years old) documentation of assessment testing and/or make arrangements to have tests completed by March 1, 2017. The psycho-educational assessment will include academic as well as psychological testing. Decisions on admissions will occur when the school has received requested documentation.