Applying to Maranatha High School
The application for admission to Maranatha High School is now available online. Click HERE to proceed to the online application process. If you prefer to receive a hard copy of the application, please contact Debbie Middlebrook at (626) 817-4021 to receive an application by mail, or to inquire further about the admissions process. Maranatha High School has an Early Admissions deadline (December 3, 2012) and a Regular Admissions deadline (February 1, 2013) for the submission of applications. The Early Admissions deadline is for students who are applying only to Maranatha and want to receive notification of acceptance before Christmas. The application process involves the following:
- Submission of the application
- Taking the ISEE Entrance Exam, the Independent School Entrance Exam.
- Receipt of the 7th grade transcripts and the most current 8th grade report card
- Receipt of the church and school reference forms
After receiving all of the above information, the Admissions Office will contact parent(s) to schedule an interview. The interview is for the student applicant and at least one parent. The interview is the last step in the admissions process. Interviews will be scheduled for qualified candidates when their admissions file is complete. Interviews for Early Admissions will be scheduled the beginning of November through December 18, 2012. Regular Admissions interviews will begin January 9th through February 27, 2013.
Prospective candidates are evaluated for admission to Maranatha High School by the following criteria:
- Requisite Academic GPA and ISEE Test Scores
- Exemplary Character Profile
- Attendance/Involvement in a local church
- Personal References (Faculty/Administration/Pastoral)
- Commitment to Maranatha’s Mission and Belief Statements
Students with learning needs must also supply current (less than 3 years old) documentation of assessment testing and/or make arrangements to have tests completed by February 24, 2013. The psycho-educational assessment will include academic as well as psychological testing. Decisions on admissions will occur when the school has received requested documentation.