Campus and Facilities
In May 2004, Maranatha High School purchased approximately 11 acres of the former Ambassador College Campus located a few blocks from Old Town Pasadena, California. Following extensive renovation, the school opened its new campus in September 2005, as its permanent home.
Maranatha’s facilities include:
- The Academic Center houses 30 classrooms including science, biology, chemistry and physics labs as well as state-of-the-art photography and Mac labs. Classrooms are equipped with technology enhancements (i.e. SMART boards, mobile computer labs, etc.) to maximize student learning.
- The Athletic Center is home to an indoor competition-size swimming pool, a full-size gymnasium with seating for nearly 1,000, weight rooms, and locker rooms.
- The state-of-the-art Athletic Field is surfaced with synthetic turf for football and soccer, as well as a new softball field set-up, and a specialized sound system.
- The Student Center contains the Media-Research Center, dining/assembly area, kitchen facilities, a 500 person assembly area, and administrative offices.
- The Student Center Annex is comprised of the school's Finance Office, Imformation/Technology Services, Operations Department, and Human Resources.
- The Ambassador Auditorium, a state-of-the-art 1,200 seat performance venue is adjacent to the Student Center and is utilized by the school for selected performing arts programs and assemblies.
- Exquisite grounds complete waterfalls and a flowing stream (complete with koi fish) adjacent to the Academic Center and green space for our students to study outside. They also include a recently renovated amphitheater with stadium seating for 400 people.
- A sophisticated security system is in place, complete with 32 exterior cameras mounted throughout the campus in strategic locations, including in our underground parking garage with over 250 spaces.