Statement of Faith
The Statement of Faith is the central statement of Maranatha in matters of identity and nature, core beliefs that guide our learning, teaching and living. In faithfulness to God, we joyfully and humbly affirm the following articles of faith.
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God.
- Written under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, it is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments (66 books), is the final and unchangeable standard of truth.
We believe in God.
- As revealed in the Bible, there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our God is infinite and beyond imagination; our minds can never fully know God nor do our hearts completely grasp His ways.
We believe in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. He is Father to His eternal Son, Jesus Christ, and to all who are adopted as His sons and daughters through faith in Jesus Christ.
- God the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, paid the penalty for our sins and demonstrated God’s love for the world. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His perpetual intercession for His people, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- God the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, unrighteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
We believe in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Author of our salvation.
- We believe that those who repent and forsake sin and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become new creatures, delivered from condemnation and receive eternal life!
- The Holy Spirit incorporates us into the body of Christ, His church, the community of all believers in heaven and on earth.
- Jesus Christ will return one day. Those who do not believe in Him will be raised to suffer eternal punishment. Those who believe in Him will be transformed, their bodies raised imperishable and incorruptible, to live and reign with Him forever in a new heaven and a new earth in which there will be all that is good and true and beautiful, but no sorrow, no tears, and no evil thing.
- And so we pray: "Maranatha - Come, Lord Jesus."
School Bible Verse
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)